Top 7 Tips for Building an Antique Car Website
Like wine cars get more attractive to collectors as years pass by. The fact is there are only a finite number of cars made in the world in any model and make. As years pass by only a few of these manage to stay out of the graveyard. These are usually maintained by antique car enthusiasts. Then there is the collector who collects them for their value and sometimes as an investment. After the advent of Internet a lot of self made millionaires and billionaires are out there. These folk consider owning the antiques as prestigious. The current day business folks clearly understand the opportunity that is lying before them. This article provides 7 tips for launching a great antique car website.
1. Create a classic car classified advertisement section: Unless your visitors have something new each day that is interesting they are less likely to comeback to your web site. Unlike other websites classified ads section is very attractive as many of the "who has which vintage beauty" information is off limits to an average Joe and the classified section gives information on what is up for grabs. These folks have mounds of cash and ready to grab on the first opportunity to get one of the Vintage cars. The sellers also understand the value of this website as they are publishing directly to the right folks. They always want the car to be in safe hands so they would prefer a collector rather than some XYZ car buyer.
2. Photo Gallery: People like to show of their priced collection and the Internet provides an anonymous way of getting bragging rights from a wider audience. Traffic for sites with photo gallery is 20% more than others. The photo gallery also provides the collectors a way to look at what others have and increases appetite to buy.
3. Classic Car parts store: We have seen many of the sites miss on this important opportunity to make good money. There are tons of places you can sign up for just dropshipping these parts. This is also a niche market with less competition. The extra money can be useful to add in more content to your website.
4. Articles and general content: Historical articles and reviews of vintage cars are killer traffic pullers. These help you optimize on a per car name keyword basis. The content should also be geared towards promoting avid collectors and their priced collection.
5. Forum and chat: These are interactive content that engage the folks and provide stickiness to your website. Always have a good moderator who can start out some controversial topics now and then and in cases of a flame war should be capable of subsiding the furry without alienating the user from the web site. Host an expert chat session every weekend with some expert collector or someone else in the industry and this usually attracts more loyal visitors.
6. Latest Sale information: This is where your web site can show your commitment to the niche industry. You should have the right sources to maintain an accurate list of latest sale. This helps you create an historical data for your website plus allows your members to know the value of the good old iron they have in their garage.
7. Don't forget the dealers: Create a small section for dealers to send more visitors. Encourage sharing of collector's information. You may also have a classified section for these folks. Create revenue opportunity for the dealers. These folks have the contacts which will be useful for you and your website members.
There are a few more but these are the top 7 that makes your antique car website excel.
You can see a good classic cars website at antiquecar.com. Author can be contacted for freelance writing on freelancefree.com.
9 Simple Steps to Create a Background Tiled Image Branded with Your Name
You have seen those web pages where they have the name of the Name Web repeated over over over in square tiles as the background. Now by following these 9 Simple steps you too can create a web page Branded with your Name, or Company Name.
How Worldly is Your World Wide Web?
The growth in Internet usage around the world is astounding - 146% in the five years prior to March 2005. And it's not just European and North American users on the Net.
Building a Web Site Requires the Right Software to Eliminate Headaches and Keep Money in Your Pocket
When most people build a web site, they think one simple thing. "If I build it, they will come".
Why a CSS Website Layout Will Make You Money
Although CSS layouts have been around for years, they haven't become so commonplace until recently. This was basically due to limited browser support (especially from Netscape 4) - nowadays though, CSS 2.
Building a Great Intranet Taxonomy
While it may seem like a "quick and easy" task, defining the navigation structure and organization of your intranet site will be one of the most challenging tasks you will face in the course of your project. It is also one of the most critical success factors.
Get Your Business on the Web
I can't think of any business alive today that couldn't benefit from at least a minor presence on the web. Now that I've made that statement, I'm sure someone will point out one.
1 Simple Solution to All Internet Marketers about Their Website Design Needs
It is an undeniable fact that not everybody is keen and knowledgeable to create an above average looking website. It is also true that it is something learnable, but it might take a certain learning time span in order to grasp the minimum ability to create an over than average website.
Thinking Of Taking Money Online? Whats Best For Merchants? PayPal, WorldPay or Something Else?
It's now easier than ever to take payments on the web. As people selling their wares take pot shots at eCommerce providers in an ever-increasing battle to sabotage their "competitors'" success it gets harder and harder to find an honest unbiased opinion.
The Most Important Aspect of Writing Web Copy
There is an ongoing debate about web copy. Some say that it should be similar to direct mail copy.
Sticking To Your Plan
So you have a good idea for a business and decided that the Internet would be the perfect place to start it.WAIT.
Server Side Includes (SSI) with ASP
Server Side Includes (SSI) with ASP
People often have identical sections of code spread throughout many ASP pages, typically code at the top of the page (usually referred to as the header) and the lower part of the page (the footer). Similarly, you may have code that performs a certain set of instructions that you are repeating across multiple pages.
Pick Up Your Own Domain Name
Think up a name and check if yourname.com is available.
How Web Templates Are Helping Online Businesses to MultiplyTheir Income
Web templates by nature are created to aid and ease the
strenuous process of a typical web development phase. Idea
collection, analysis, research, design are just a small part
of a bigger picture.
Eight Deadly Web Site Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Creating and maintaining an effective presence on the Web has become increasingly complex and challenging as the power of the Internet as a marketing tool becomes more and more necessary to entrepreneurs and emerging businesses.The good news is that technologies that were only available to the big guys just a couple of years ago - audio, video, ecommerce, e-mail database management applications - are now affordable for almost everybody.
How Did You Get Here?
When marketing your website, it's important to know which of your efforts are producing results and which of them are a waste of time.You can learn a lot about this by analyzing your website's statistics (assuming your webhost offers this service).
The Web: Your Window of Opportunity
Thinking about starting up a business? The web is the way to go. Look around! More and more, people are relying on the internet as an information resource, a way to foster personal relationships, and method of purchasing goods and services.
Marketing Your Business Online
As a business you can't afford to ignore the Internet Age; in 2002 there was an estimated 605 million people online around the entire globe, today this is estimated at over a billion users worldwide.By using the Internet to market your business an entire world of potential customers are opened up for you, rather than just your local town, city, or country.
5 Tips For A Better Website
Having an eye catching website is great, but are you optimizing your website to allow the best performance possible? I receive several emails a day from clients asking how they can get more hits to their websites, what can be done to increase sales, and how to prepare their sites for search engines. There are very simple things that can be done to help your website perform its best.
6 Steps To Your Own Website
A lot of people these days are interested in getting their own place on the world wide web. Whether it´s a personal site like a blog, or a business site, they all need to have a decent plan before they get started.
7 Questions to Understand Your Customer Better
Customer service questionnaires can help your clients better understand their requirements. Your clients can benefit by:* Focusing on immediate project requirements
* Increased awareness of budgeted time and finances
* Better understanding of project goals
* Setting priorities of essential project features
* Planning for project post-implementation phaseOn the other hand, you as a service provider will have a clearer understanding of what your clients want.