10 Tips For A Successful Website
Have you ever thought the secret behind the success of most of the famous sites. Do you ask yourself these questions. Why do they get so many clicks?Why they are making so much money and i am not?Why only few web sites succeed and most of others fail?Just stop questioning and start reading.
Here i am gonna give you some of the top tip that most of the successful web sites use.
1. Do your web site attract the customers attention immediately. If not,it should. Listen this is the truth,nobody's gonna find information on your web site,nobody has that much time. You got to give the information to them,i mean fast. Don't expect that your customer will fool around in your web site for hours,looking every nook and corner of your website. They will leave your site in no time. Remember there are millions of service providers like you. Give them clean links. Just one click and straight to business.
Also minimize the loading time of your website. Try to avoid graphics,flash animation,pictures etc. Believe me people hate that.
2. Ok,now think about the kind of customers you are targeting. Build your web site according to type of customers you will receive. If your website is for professionals,make the site more proffessional. If your website is targeting young teenagers,make the site more informal and relaxed. Try to reflect the customers choices.
3. Focus your website. Make sure you are not offering different products or services on the same page. That will confuse your customer. Dedicate seperate page for each of your product. If you want advertise your other products also,do it subtly.
4. Your credibility is very important. Having a great looking website will not help you,if you are unable to build trust in your customers. The anonymity of the internet certainly creates a little mistrust. In order to make your product sell first try to build trust in your customers.
Give them correct information,your address,e-mail and phone number atleast. A clear privacy statement is a good tool for establishing credibility. Give a link to your privacy statement in every page of your website.
5. Offer a money back guarantee on your website. Give them the control of whether they want to keep the product or not. This will build trust in your customers.
6. Make money transactions on your site easier. Make the proccess as short as possible. Donot ask for information that is not very important. At any time donot let them feel that you are invading their privacy. Give many type of payment modes. Accept credit cards and electronic checks. Also provide mailing address for customers who would like to pay via mail.
7. Make the navigation of your website as simple as possible. Every page of your website should be reachable from every other page.
8. The website should look consistent in look and feel. Do not alter the design of the site from page to page.
9. Keep in mind that most of the customers will find your website from the search engines. So design pages that will give you a high rank. Include important keywords as many as possible without sacrificing your sales message. Use meta tags and decription tags to the full. Give keywords as names to different webpages of your website while linking.
10. Last but the most important one,give quality content. Provide good content so that people visit your site again and again.
About The Author
Vinay Kumar is a graduated student from MIT. He is also the founder of www.sourcecode.co.nr. His educational background and work experience is basicly in the field of computer science and programming
Credibility - 10 Ways to Build it on Your Website
If you have your own business website and you are trying to sell something, then it is imperative that you are able to establish and maintain credibility. Why is this important? If you are going to ask someone to make a purchase from you, then you need to show them why they should purchase from you rather then your competitor on another site.
Five Steps to Create Your Software Product with Outsourcing
Many executives and investors are skeptical that software products can be developed using outsourcing. Even more skepticism is expressed at the idea of outsourcing version 1.
Web Site Development Process - The Life-cycle Steps
A system development process can follow a number of standard or company specific frameworks, methodologies, modeling tools and languages. Software development life cycle normally comes with some standards which can fulfill the needs of any development team.
Planning A Usable Website: A Three-step Guide
A website is like an information flow, with you as the provider and your site visitors as the receivers of the information. If you don't plan your website with this in mind right from the start, you could find yourself with a brand new website that solves all your immediate needs.
Get to Know People through Websites
Web sites are not just places to sell things; they are a medium where people can get insight into other people's lives. Take the musician Xavier Rudd for example.
Writing Effective ALT Text For Images
Anyone who knows anything about web accessibility knows that images need alternative, or ALT, text assigned to them. This is because screen readers can't understand images, but rather read aloud the alternative text assigned to them.
Trinkets, Lockets And Empty Pockets
It never ceases to amaze me how many people set-up a website, without any type of plan or clue about how to promote it, how to write a sales letter, how to write an ad-- nothing!Even more amazing is how many people try to conduct business online without any money.The other day, I received an e-mail from a woman named Nadia inquiring about my E-mail Consultation Service.
How Web Templates Are Helping Online Businesses to MultiplyTheir Income
Web templates by nature are created to aid and ease the
strenuous process of a typical web development phase. Idea
collection, analysis, research, design are just a small part
of a bigger picture.
Having a Portfolio on the Internet Can Help you Infiltate the Workforce
If you're an up and coming graphic/web designer just out of university, you'll know it's quite hard to break into the workforce. You have to contact employers one by one, spend your time traveling and lugging your portfolio to their offices.
You Cant Just Build A Website And Hope It Works!
Like any area of business your website needs some effort from you if its going to be successful. You'd be foolish to just build any old website and hope it works.
Is Your Website Doomed for Failure Before Youve Built It?
One of the things that many people overlook when building a new website is keywords. I have to admit, I did exactly the same thing myself when I started out.
Why Local Service Companies Should Have a Website
The Internet is being used by local service business to improve sales today. Sales are improved because a website gives a company more credibility and in some cases generates leads.
Make Your Communication Come Alive
Design and layout can make your communication come alive and your
message immediately apparent. Now, with so much technology at hand, design becomes much easier, but you must develop the ability to plan and visualize what you want to convey.
Create Huge Income From Your Web Site - 10 Easy Ways
The cost of setting up a web site is dirt cheap nowadays. You can register a domain for less than $2.
The Two Most Common Mistakes That Scare Away Web Visitors
Can you imagine the hypocrisy of spending thousands of dollars, countless hours, and boatload of resources to create a marketing tool that actually sends prospects running for the hills? It might seem crazy, but a overwhelming majority of websites are doing just that.By failing to (1) define the specific goals of your website and (2) understand how it fits in with your customer's buying process, you could be loosing out on the opportunity to enable prospects to receive the value you can offer them.
Improve Web Sales Figures Forever And Ever Amen!
"How do I improve web site sales figures?" The CEO roared at the web developer. The web developer looked at his boss a little confused and mumbled something about it not being his core competence with him being a programmer and all.
Up The Sandbox!
Go to any internet marketing forum you want these days and
one of the topics is sure to be whether or not there is a
"sandbox" at Google where new sites are forced to come and
play for 3-6 months before joining the ranks of ranked and
searched results. On the surface it would appear that this
Why Do I Need A Web Site?
Even though the Internet has been around for a long time and many people are "educated" about the Internet, most have little knowledge about what a web site is and what can it do for their business.A web site is anything and everything you want it to be.
Make Your Own Website - General Website Design Tips
Wow, we`ve already taken a domain and chosen a web host. Great job ! Now it`s time for something special: making your own website.
Website Sales: 10 Reasons Why People Dont Buy From You
You've put up a website to promote a product or
service.You've spent piles of cash to generate traffic.